Before trying one of the following solutions, please make sure that you test the method on a small section of the carpet that won’t be seen.
- Apply Mineral Turpentine
- Detergent +
Caring for Carpets
A routine of regular vacuuming, professional periodic cleaning and immediate removal of spots and stains should start as soon as your carpet is laid.
Here are a few more carpet tips:
- Fluff caused by loose fibres left in the pile during manufacturing will gradually settle with use and vacuuming.
- Loose threads or ripped pile should never be pulled. Cut off with sharp scissors immediately. If loose threads appear again trim immediately.
- Try to protect your carpet from direct sunlight.
- Lay down scatter rugs in high traffic areas.
- Protect your carpet from sharp edges, which could cut or pull loops and pile causing damage.
- Avoid any form of over wetting on fitted carpets. Pot plants should always stand in drip trays.
- Walk-off mats at entrances will trap dirt and prevent it being walked onto fitted carpets.
- Have your carpets cleaned professionally every 12-18 months.
- Vacuum regularly ( preferably daily with a good quality vacuum cleaner with strong suction ).
Important facts about stain removal
- The longer a stain remains on a carpet the greater the chance of it soaking through and ruining your carpet’s appearance.
- Do not use soap! Use a good household soap-less detergent such as Sunlight Liquid.
- Scrape, blot or soak up the stain, always working from the outer edges of the stain towards the centre.
- After spot cleaning, always vacuum stained areas to remove any loosened dirt.
- Be careful when using a solvent such as Perchlorethylene (dry cleaning fluid). It can be injurious to health.
If in any doubt please contact the professionals at Carpet Right.
Caring for Needle Punch Carpets
Needlepunch carpets are made from polypropylene. They are not only stain resistant but extremely hard wearing, anti-static, colourfast and rot proof. A 50/50 blend of bleach and water will remove most stains from needlepunch carpets.